Monday, April 6, 2015

International Fake Journal Month 2015 (#IFJM2015)



Well hello. It's me talking to myself again.

It's that time of the year again, International Fake Journal Month and I'm participating this year for the second time.

I don't do journaling per se, I only draw/paint in a sketchbook every now and then but I don't usually write anything in it.

This year I was going to do the same thing as I did for 2012, tweak the rules of IFJM to suit my needs which are simply to invest myself in a project that holds me accountable for regular production and be involved in a group project where there is other people doing the same thing and are interested in what others are doing.

I enjoyed my participation in 2012 but, unfortunately, the "draw-anything-really, anything-like, daily" bit did not stick with me. And I did not follow the rules strictly either: I just wanted to focus on productivity, do something in my sketchbook as regular as possible for a month and I didn't have a fake journaler persona, just some kind of loose plot in my mind as an excuse for what I was doing (I was supposed to be visiting Copenhaguen and I just searched for google maps and drew bits and pieces of that city).

I'm trying again this year, we're already into the 6th day of the month and I have 6 pages already (!) and today, as I was taking notes for the "wrap up" we are encouraged to do at the end of the month, I figured a way to add text and make the vague plot in my head to make a little more (faking) sense.

(An album in my flickr account will hold all my pages and I'll post here with added text)

So let's see where all this faking will take me... ;)

No comments: